The new release of OpenCulturas now requires PHP 8.1—current setups should make sure to update any older PHP versions on the webserver before updating OC.
- Frequently Asked Questions—the new optional sub-module can be enabled by the administrator to serve FAQ pages.
- A main profile can be configured in the user account which will be used as the default profile giving recommendations.
- Improved user dashboard—your users are now welcomed with step-by-step calls to action: profile finder (to search for profiles that might have been created for me by another band member), separate list of the profiles and locations a user manages, enhanced "My content" table with more filter options for all other content types, and a much more compact bookmarks list.
- Email notifications with configurable email recipients per notification type and language preference: OC admins can receive immediate notifications for abuse reports, ownership claims and requests for content review. Content authors will receive emails automatically when their reviewed content has been published.
- Usability enhancement in content moderation views: Now displaying the revision author instead of the original author. Useful for example for magazine articles where different people could trigger a moderation workflow.
- Usability enhancement for map displays: result counters and redundant pager links help understanding that the map might not display all results. Users can decide how many items to display, helpful when using on low bandwidth.