The roadmap is a prioritized list of upcoming features or features that are currently being developed. Prioritization, however, is a moving target. Hello, it's open source. You are welcome to develop one of the listed features with your team. By doing so, and if the contribution meets the development standards, you can actively influence the priorities.
Version 2.0 will include ...
- Workflow-based editor notifications (e. g., content waiting for review)
- Report-based admin notifications (e. g., abuse-flagged content)
Enhanced user dashboard
- Search function for existing profiles (created by others) to avoid duplicates
- Better structuring of own content
- Compact bookmarks section
Main profile selection
When users manage more than one profile/location, they can specify one of those as their main profile. Recommendations now use the selecte main profile as the default. This is also a basis for the planned Comments feature.
Slider for teasers
Similar to the gallery slider but for complete content teasers, integrated in Views to allow for selection rules.
OpenCulturas comes with a basic "Focus" taxonomy that is common for all content types and aggregates all relevant content on a dedicated web page. The magazine has a dedicated "Columns" taxonomy on top. We think some content types need additional categorization:
- Location type (theatre, museum, city hall...)
- Event type (concert, lecture, symposium...)
Co-ownership of content
Allow a content author to enter several users as co-authors, thereby allowing them to inherit author-related permissions. For example, a band member can invite some or all other band members to update their profile, add images to the gallery on their line-up page, or reschedule an announced concert date.
Comments + discussion boards
- Comment function can be enabled per content type (event, location, profile, magazine article)
- Hierarchical comments (answers to comments)
- Users can write comments on behalf of a profile they own
- Aggregation + sorting by activity in a "discussion forum"
- Custom topics start a comment thread
Many regions in Germany know the concept of a voucher booklet with bargains for local shops, restaurants, museums, etc.
We are currently drafting a generic solution to promote a bonus program, mark participation, and voucher usage tracking, among other features.
- Optional component to mark a location as "bookable"
- Enter further related information, such as a number of people allowed in, technical equipment, backstage description...
- Filter option for location overview page (or dedicated page with elaborate filter options)
- Optional component to offer technical equipment
- Structured data (extensible)
- Dedicated page with filter options
- User activity-based notifications (e. g., my content has been reviewed + published, content referencing my content)
Color coding per section
- Additional field for categorizing content by custom sections
- Custom color-code per section
- Value can be set automatically per content type or based on other field values
- Additive color-coding possible (e. g. multi-step gradient borders or backgrounds)
More intuitive map filtering
- Dynamic map markers + result list based on zoom level
- Images in info popups
- Color coding of markers
User dashboard enhancements
- Overview of "my recommendations"
- Provide a generic basis for API-based calendar imports
- Allow bulk import from CSV
- Optimize built-in CSV exports
You might call it artificial intelligence or machine learning, but we prefer to describe it in a more human-centric way:
- Based on individual user preferences (e.g. bookmarked/recommended content), users receive smart recommendation digests (on the dashboard or via e-mail) of recommended new content/upcoming dates
- Transparent and opt-in-driven
Media hub as-a-service
- Customizable media player design (OC currently uses native HTML video/audio elements)
- Audio files, podcast teasers
- Pre-configured video/audio oEmbed-compatible media hub integration (ready to use with our Europe-based media hosting platform)
Platform federation / syndication
- Aggregate content of several OpenCulturas instances for a common search instance (linking to the respective platform)
- exchange hand-picked content between OpenCulturas instances