The roadmap is a prioritized list of upcoming features or features that are currently being developed. Prioritization, however, is a moving target. Hello, it's open source. You are welcome to develop one of the listed features with your team. By doing so, and if the contribution meets the development standards, you can actively influence the priorities.
- Search enhancements
- Usability enhancements
- Password strengthening
Germany's "Kulturpass" is a program to foster young adults' reception of arts + culture. kulturis.online is currently running a beta test of the new feature that allows easy tagging of events and entering special discounts. Those events can subsequently be filtered and exported to the central platform that issues the offers to the Kulturpass mobile app.
Co-ownership of content
Allow a content author to enter several users as co-authors, thereby allowing them to inherit author-related permissions. For example, a band member can invite some or all other band members to update their profile, add images to the gallery on their line-up page, or reschedule an announced concert date.
Comments + discussion boards
- Comment function can be enabled per content type (event, location, profile, magazine article)
- Hierarchical comments (answers to comments)
- Users can write comments on behalf of a profile they own
- Aggregation + sorting by activity in a "discussion forum"
- Custom topics start a comment thread
Many regions in Germany know the concept of a voucher booklet with bargains for local shops, restaurants, museums, etc.
We are currently drafting a generic solution to promote a bonus program, mark participation, and voucher usage tracking, among other features.
- Optional component to mark a location as "bookable"
- Enter further related information, such as a number of people allowed in, technical equipment, backstage description...
- Filter option for location overview page (or dedicated page with elaborate filter options)
- Optional component to offer technical equipment
- Structured data (extensible)
- Dedicated page with filter options
- User activity-based notifications (e. g., content referencing my content)
Color coding per section
- Additional field for categorizing content by custom sections
- Custom color-code per section
- Value can be set automatically per content type or based on other field values
- Additive color-coding possible (e. g. multi-step gradient borders or backgrounds)
More intuitive map filtering
- Dynamic map markers + result list based on zoom level
- Images in info popups
- Color coding of markers
User dashboard enhancements
- Overview of "my recommendations"
- Provide a generic basis for API-based calendar imports
- Allow bulk import from CSV
- Optimize built-in CSV exports
You might call it artificial intelligence or machine learning, but we prefer to describe it in a more human-centric way:
- Based on individual user preferences (e.g. bookmarked/recommended content), users receive smart recommendation digests (on the dashboard or via e-mail) of recommended new content/upcoming dates
- Transparent and opt-in-driven
Media hub as-a-service
- Customizable media player design (OC currently uses native HTML video/audio elements)
- Audio files, podcast teasers
- Pre-configured video/audio oEmbed-compatible media hub integration (ready to use with our Europe-based media hosting platform)
Platform federation / syndication
- Aggregate content of several OpenCulturas instances for a common search instance (linking to the respective platform)
- exchange hand-picked content between OpenCulturas instances