THEATRIS had the requirement in the very beginning. kulturis now had a similar idea: Place "announcements" resp. "news" on the front page, not mingled with other great magazine articles.
The option is already there although it might not seem so:
- First look up the "Term ID" of the column in question (when you edit the term, you'll see the id as part of the URL)
- Edit your front page: add a content element "View"
- Select "Related articles", Display "By column - on term page" (yes, even though you are on a content page)
- Open "Advanced options"
- Enter the (numeric) Term ID as an argument
- Optionally reduce the number of items displayed
- Save (save as Draft if you are not sure about the result and publish after review)
The following teasers have been placed with this method.
Can we have more than that?
Now you might want modifications. For example, add a "read more" link to the column's landing page or display the teasers in a slider. This is not provided out of the box but it's possible.
Your administrator needs to add a custom views display. Read more about this in the following article.